Fracton’s MaxCell is a multi-vendor, multi-technology automated solution that dynamically optimizes key parameters at per-neighbhour level, thereby boosting system performance while minimizing CapEx & OpEx.
Fracton’s MaxCell is a multi-vendor & multi-technology automated solution that dynamically optimizes key cell database parameters at cell level, thereby boosting system performance while minimizing CapEx & OpEx. It is designed to integrate into the operators’ existing system and fully automates the overall parameter optimization process, resulting in a continuous cycle of network optimization. MaxCell offers reduced network operating costs, enhanced network performance, improved spectral efficiency and improved capital efficiency.
By providing the MaxCell with network configuration and statistics from the OSS, it is possible to fine tune the performance that directly improves the end user experience.
MaxCell has consistently provided remarkable performance improvement in the field. Deployment of the tool can instantly be done & complete cycle of optimization can be completed within a fortnight.
MaxCell is available for GSM and UMTS networks, including the interworking between these systems.
Areas of Focus
- Dynamically Redistribution of traffic, in order to reduce the need for hardware upgrades in the network
- Continuous adaptation of traffic management related parameters in order to improve quality indicators and end user experience
- Optimizing key cell database parameters, including the ones controlling GSM-UMTS iRAT handovers.
- Shift traffic from GSM 900 to GSM 1800 optimally
- Optimizing the Idle mode performance which offers coverage enhancement
- Enhanced network performance
- Reduction of call drops in a GSM/UMTS network ~5-40%
- Reduction of handover failures ~5-25%
- Improvement in voice quality ~5-25%
- Significant CapEx reduction – Intelligent traffic management techniques improve the utilization of existing resources
- Dramatic reduction in OpEx